Labor Day Smoke

Grampy

For today's smoke I started out with a 10 lb bone in Boston butt that I brined in DM's brine for 13 hours. I then rubbed it with mustard and coated it with Oak Ridge BBQ Secret Weapon rub then put into SI#2 at 225 degrees with a 6 oz mixture of hickory and cherry. Thirteen hours later we had some delicious pulled pork sandwiches with my homemade sauce! One tender and juicy pork butt.

Attachments

• DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0097.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 270
  • oakridgesecretweaponporkchicken.jpg
    oakridgesecretweaponporkchicken.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 287
Jimmy the pork looks excellent.

I am also impressed with the ingredients in the rub and that salt is not the first ingredient!

I just checked their site and shipping is very reasonable, I plan to order some!

Thanks Greg

Give it a shot Greg.  Those are my go to.  Just ordered a winter "load"  I use their brine for chicken and butts.

It does have "heat" so be careful if you order the hot stuff.  Rubs and others.

jcboxlot said:
Give it a shot Greg.  Those are my go to.  Just ordered a winter "load"  I use their brine for chicken and butts.

It does have "heat" so be careful if you order the hot stuff.  Rubs and others.

Hey John,

I am interested to see how it tastes compared to my rub, they have a few ingredients that I don't currently use. I think I will order their sampler pack.

Thanks Greg

I ordered both sampler packs and have liked everything I tried so far.  I just coated 2 racks of rims that I will be smoking tomorrow.

Greg, I really like flavor profile of the Secret Weapon. This is the only one I have tried so far but will definitely be trying some of the others.

Back