Kelvin from Bellevue, WA

kelvinator

Hey everybody. My name is Kelvin and I currently reside in Bellevue, Washington. I am in my mid 20's and am a Management Information Systems major at the University of Washington.

I graduated high school in 2008 and went to Montana State University for a year and a half on a full ride Army ROTC scholarship but left because I was unsure of what I wanted to major in or do with my life.

Anyways, since high school I have worked as a prep cook at Jak's grill a fancy steak house in Issaquah and a retirement home in Issaquah owned by Era Living as a cook. I currently have an IT internship with a company called Genie that makes Aerial work platforms and is owned by Terex. I have also been into computers and technology hence my career decision.

I have been into cooking for awhile now and always loved BBQ so finally decided to get myself into it. My favorite cuisine is probably Thai food or southeast Asian food in general and another goal of mine is to become very competent in cooking Thai food and cooking with a Wok. My enjoyment of cooking stems more from its ability to bring family and friends together through the necessity of eating versus the quest for culinary creativity that many top chefs have.

I look forward to learning from all of you.

Cheers

Welcome Kelvin! You will definitely enjoy your SI#2. I have had mine for about 6 months and I love it! Trying to figure out how to smoke every day.  :) With your Asian interest, I will be interested in you adaptation to smoking. I have tried several items but so far I have overpowered the nuances of Asian spices and cuisine with the smoke. It may be an are that we need to really back off on the wood to get the desired result. In general the SI smokers already use only a few ounces of wood because they are so efficient.

Back