Just had my grand unboxing ceremony!

Steven

I received my #2 friday afternoon and I finally found some alone time to unbox. Granted it was 11:30 pm, but I'm not complaining. It was nice and quiet in my garage tonight. No wife... No kids... Just me, a new smoker and a couple of crickets. I found a sharp knife and proceeded with cutting cardboard, pulling styrofoam and there it was... (It was at this point I had visions of pulled pork dancing through my head). My first impression was how solid this meat smoking beauty was built. I can see this thing lasting for years! Anyway... I'm new here, but I'm really looking forward to learning from everyone the ins and outs of creating quality BBQ.

Look inside and make sure you unwrapped the cardboard from around the thermostat, it's above the heating coil. It's easy not to notice when unpacking. There are a few of us that admit to running the unit with that paper in place, I am confident there are a few more that did it but wont admit to it.

Welcome!!!!! I have the #2 as well and really love this thing after 6 months of use I'm still excited every time I fire it up which is 2-3 times per week, get her seasoned if you haven't done so already, any questions just ask and you'll get answers right away, this forum is the icing on the cake of an already great product!!!

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the forum, you made a great choice with the SI smoker.  You will find just how easy it is to use these smokers and your friends and family will think you are a smoking genius when they taste your Q.

I have to worn you, during the first few months your wife will feel a bit lonely because you will give more attention to the smoker and researching on this forum, than you will her.  But don't worry, when she tastes the amazing Q, all will be forgiven.

Welcome, Steven!  I purchased a #2 and 1.5 years ago and look forward to smoking something pretty much every weekend...got 2 racks of ribs and baked potatoes in the SI this afternoon!  Lots of good advice and recipes abound on the forum.  After the seasoning session, let us know what you do for your first smoke!  Cheers

Back