Just bought a #1!

Quadman2007

I am Danny, I just purchased my first smoker. I have never smoked anything before, well food-wise, cigars don't count! I love how much information is on this forum! My first smoke will be some salmon on Saturday, appears to be a quick basic smoke. I am going to go to Costco on Thursday and grab a couple fillets and do the brown sugar/kosher salt cure. Any suggestions on what type of salmon or what size of fillet is best to smoke?

The whole filets at Costco work well. The skin has already been removed, which I like, because I get that extra side of pellicle. I buy the whole filets, and cut them into pieces about 4" wide, so they are kind of like big squares. But you can smoke the whole filet or whatever size pieces you want. If you like smoking fish, you might want to get some Q-Matz to cut to size and put over your standard shelves. They are non-stick and can go in the dishwasher or wash up easily.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/category_s/46.htm

Welcome from Delaware, Danny!  I was in your shoes about 4 years ago when I bought the SI #2...never smoked a thing in my life (except for cigars!).  In no time I was up and running and pretty much smoke something every weekend.  Easy peasy!  Cheers

Back