it's here! it's here!!!

kindredcottage

Hi everyone! I am Michele,  a total newbie smoker! been reading about smoking meat for years, but never could figure how I wanted to enter into it myself. I do believe the reason it became YEARS of me READING about it was because I was intimidated about it, especially fiddling with the old school ways of tending that fire/temperature, whether it was wood, charcoal, pellets, whatever!  it sounded so interesting,  but oh so way too scientific for me to be successful at.
I admire the folks that have that all down!  you amaze me!

the day I started reading about the electric Smokin-It Smokers, I FINALLYYYYY just KNEW how I wanted to smoke meat.
so I decided to get Model #1 AND IT ARRIVED TODAY!!! yiiiiipppeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I am stoked for smoke! lol

I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for being here because I am TOTALLY gonna need you people!!! hahaha
once I get the smoker out of the box and get ready to season it, I'm sure I'll be lurking some more and asking ALLLL my questions I'll have!

Welcome, Michelle.
I know how you feel as that was me a year ago before I got my #2. As you will soon find out for yourself smoking meat in a Smokin-It is fun and way easier than the results would have you believe. I now find myself looking over the meat counter just to find something to smoke.

Also, you don't have to have all the toys to do a great smoke. So far I am content not to get an Auber as some temperature swings that average out seem okay to me. After all we're smoking meat not using an oven.

One toy I do highly recommend in a vacuum sealer. Fun to use and keeps your frozen leftovers as good as right out of the smoker.
Martha

Welcome Michele!! You made the right choice this forum rocks and so does the smoker you purchased, fell free to jump in with questions, that's what it's all about, good luck and have fun with your new smoker.....oh and tell us where your from it's nice to know the different areas of the country these things are in.

Welcome Michele! You will totally love the #2. I have one and it is great. Can't wait for you to publish your results as you get into it.

Welcome, Michelle!  You have found the right place where you can't go wrong!  Enjoy the many days of happy smoking ahead in your future...and check out the recipes on this forum for lots of good eats!  Cheers

Welcome, and Congrats, Michele!  You've made a leap of faith, and won't be disappointed at what you can do in your new #1!  We'll take you from total novice to pit master in no time!!

The key is to read about recipes/cooks that appeal to you, then try to duplicate the smoke.  Once you master the "basics," it won't take you long to start experimenting with your own techniques and recipes!

Be sure to take the time to read the posts under "User Guidelines and Instructions;" It will help a lot to get started on the right foot!

Let us know how we can help, and don't be afraid to participate - that's what makes this the best Lazy Q forum on the planet!! 8)

Welcome Michele!

Yes, the Model #2 is a great smoker.  I look forward to my weekends just so I can use my smoker.  There are so many great members on here, and this forum does, indeed rock.  I have learned so much from visiting this site. 

I look forward to hearing about your many successful smoking sessions. 

Back