its a good morning from Ohio

tvrtrixie1

Hello All
After much much deliberation and hesitation I finally took the short walk, well drive over to Michigan and picked up a #2, should of done it months ago but couldn't decide on #2 or #3 read many posts and recommendations, got home, seasoned her the next day and after a days pawing through the recipes started off with some really nice thick pork chops (hickory smoke) , sat next to the smoker and watched the smoker temps rise and fall (maverick et733) a bit this way then that way, internal temps reached that magic 145 hesitantly opened the door.....Perfection and oh my the taste was delicious, left them to rest a while as the potatoes finished and the corn casserole finished, its never been so quiet at the table, since then done 4 racks of ribs got a brisket waiting to be tried (little bit wary of this nerves might not handle all that time). waffled on too long thanks for all the advice posted here and other forums. 

Welcome from Texas! I hope you enjoy your smoker as much as I have enjoyed mine. I bet you will. Happy smokin!

Welcome from Saint Augustine Florida,

It's always nice to have another #2 on board.

Looking forward to hearing about your future smokes.

Greg

Glad you're finally in the club, Tim!  If you wouldn't mind, add your first name and town to your signature line.  That way, everyone will get to know you better!

You'll love the #2!  As you've already found out, Lazy Q is where it's at!  Don't worry about "all that time" to do a brisket or pork butt!  The wait is worth it, and the best thing is you can find something FUN to do while it does all the work. ;)

I waffled for much the same reason and it was finally the port strikes that made me decide on the #2 as it was in stock.  Of course, the #3 was in stock the day after I placed my order, but I think the #2 was the right choice for me.  I can put plenty of meat in it for a pretty large group and with the ease of use, tend to cook pretty frequently anyway.

Back