Intros!

Smokin Pastor

I just purchased the long awaited Smokin It model #2.  Steve was great to deal with and gave me a great deal.  I like to save $$$ whenever I can- and I got a scratch and dent unit.  It did not have any scratches nor any dents!  But Steve was not happy withy the way the top surface was on the unit- so he knocked off $50. I also drove the 2 hour drive here in Michigan to pick up the unit and saved the shipping costs.  Steve also threw in a long cover for free that fits over the cart and unit.  AND he gave me several bags of wood that will last me quite a while only using 2-3 oz for each smoke! After selling my old Brinkman Smoke King stick burner for $100- that I had to feed it wood and/or charcoal every 2-3 hours,, play the guessing game as to how much wood to add and hope the temp would regulate- my new Smokin It Smoker is incredible.  So I am now the proud owner of an awesome Smokin It Model 2, cart, cover and 2 rib racks- all for the incredible price of only $475.00!!! Best bargain going! 

I think you Did get a deal, wished I could have saved shipping but he be too far from Louisiana, welcome to the forum, these guys have tons of info. :) :)

Well I didn't hit them up for any deal. But I'm still very happy with my SI2. Only had mine about a week, but it's well smoked already, and more smoke coming. You'll love it.

Glad you're happy with your #2. I live in VA and I ordered my #3 on a Wed. morning and received it on Friday. I think Steve runs an awesome company. I have spoke with him on the phone and he always takes time to talk to you.
I like doing business with companies like this.
Enjoy your Smoker
Tony

Glad to have you in the family, Pastor! ;D  Many thanks to Dave for sending you our way!!  You'll love the #2, and the world of Lazy Q! 8)  Let us know how we can help, and I look forward to sharing your success stories!

Welcome Dean.  Good to see you over here.  I would say Steve did you right. As all here will testify, SI is a lot of smoker for the money. Best bang for the buck.  You might want to add a digital scale to your arsenal so that you can cut and weigh your wood to customize the smoke to you and your family's liking.
Dave

Welcome Pastor from North Dakota!

You will really enjoy all the free time that you will have because of not having to monitor your new smoker.

Welcome Pastor from Delaware!  You have come to the right place...plenty of good recipes to try out and lots of good advice!  Cheers

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new smoker. You will be extremely happy with your purchase. Everyone one this forum can attest to the true quality of the smokers and the great Q they produce.

I drove 5.5 hours from TO to Ohio to pick up 2 #3's  from Steve to same on the shipping and duties when crossing the border. It was well worth it considering it would have double the cost for each unit.

I also agree with Dave (old sarge) about picking up a digital scale as it comes in very handy.

Welcome to the family.

I third the digital scale, its a must for measuring the wood, less is more from a wood perspective.

Back