introduction

mnsmoker

hello from frozen below zero Minnesota.Long time smoker about ten years retiring my offset stick burner and vertical propane from active duty. After hours of research going with a #2 and auber controller very soon. Just wanted to say hello joined yesterday.

Welcome!  You'll love the ease of "Lazy Q!"  As you read through the forum, you'll see how many stick burner habits you'll have to break yourself of!  All the tending, foiling, un-foiling, etc... goodbye!  The hardest part of making great Q in these is prepping the meat - and waiting for it to get done!! ;)

It's really not lazy Q.  I don't call sitting having a cold one being lazy.  It's a time to reflect on your prior weeks accomplishments.  I do agree finding a great rub and a great recipe will enhance your smoking experience.  I can't wait for the summer I am sit and tired of snow!!!

You're right, Ed!  I've been looking at this all wrong!!  Having cold ones while reflecting on life, and searching for the ultimate rub or brine, is very productive time!  Crap...gonna have to change my signature line again! :o

Hello from your neighbor to the west (ND)! I am a newbie here too. I'm getting ready to order a #3 soon.

Just a suggestion, but unless you are one that really wants to have that tight precision, you "could" try it without the Auber first and see if it will work for you. That is my plan anyhow.

There are a lot of people here who are making some really good Q with just the analog thermostat. Like I said, just a suggestion. But then again, if you got the dough go for it I guess. :)

I think you will really enjoy the set-it-and-forget-it capabilities of the Smoken-It smokers.

Sounds like we are in for another cold stretch for a few days here :(

Welcome Jim!

I had researched electric smokers for some time and also pulled the trigger last fall on #3.  I can honestly say it has been one of the most fun and rewarding purchases I'm made.  And all the guys on this forum have been very helpful getting me up to speed on various processes / procedures that have saved me a ton of time during my initial smoking attempts and everything so far has turned out awesome.  Welcome from Moorhead MN!

Cheers,
Wik

Back