Intro

poppypig

brand spankin new here, learned a few things already and am excited to learn much more about meat, smoking and stuff. Think I'll hang out here more than I should, hope it doesn't cut into my smoking time.

barelfly said:
Welcome! What are you cooking on when you are smoking?

Glad to have you here!

so far I've done a whole chicken,(was good) some skinless boneless thighs, catfish fillets,(very good) homemade sweet italian links, used a little too much smoke on the links and the thighs were a little crusty, didn't use a water pan, tomorrow i'm gonna do a bunch of chic wings for 12, thinking of brining (1 gal water, 1 c salt, 1/2 c br. sugar) for about 3 hours,drain, cover w/ olive oil, mustard and jerk seasoning in ziplock overnite then smoke @250 for 2 hrs w/1.5-2 oz cherry then on grill to crisp skin, put this together from several comments in the forum. Sound like a good plan? water pan? should I do anything different? Only had this SI2 a month so still learning and want to do a lot

Congrats on your new smoker and welcome from ND!

For the stuff at the bottom of the posts, this is your signature that you can update by going into your profile and then clicking the Forum Profile link.

We also strongly suggest that you enter your first name and location in the "Personal Text" area, so we know the names and locations of our new friends. :)

Welcome from Maryland Pete.  This sight is the best--lots of wisdom in the group, and you find almost anything you want to smoke in the recipe section!  Enjoy

Back