Howdy from Illinois

Gene

Hi All,  I got my Model 1 in January and have been very happy with it and wish I had gotten it sooner.  I started smoking with a Masterbuilt that broke down after about ten smokes.  I had to replace a connector on the heating element.  That worked for a few months until the other connector broke.  I fixed that one.  After a few months, yup, it quit working again.  Three strikes--you're out.
  So, I searched the internet for a new smoker and decided on an SI Model 1.  The three year warranty and replaceable heating element sold me!
  I've lurked on this forum since January and have learned a lot.  I didn't panic when I experienced my first belch.  I had read about the belch earlier--kind of had a volcano going for a bit :D
  Thanks to all of you for the good tips and advice.
  Happy smoking

That seems to be a common problem with the Masterbuilt. Glad you found SI before the MB sucked up any more of your money.

Welcome from Texas Gene! Did the MB thing myself but it died In the middle of the third smoke. I took it back to Academy and ordered my #3. Still enjoying the lazy Q lifestyle to this day.

Welcome from ND Gene! Now don't be a stranger and create some threads and post some pics of your creations. :)

Back