How long should I smoke these?

Greenenvey

Hi , I just picked up some beef  ribs, they don't have alot of beef on them :-\ it's hard to find beef ribs with meat on them around here. Here is a pic of them. How long do you think these will take?

Attachments

• IMG_20160611_150228567.jpg
    IMG_20160611_150228567.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 371
I am pretty sure that these wouldn't take any longer than a pork short rib. I would go that route first and then do the tooth pick test. I think that the "3 rib plate" is probably a short rib which I did recently and is posted here: http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=5124.msg47323#msg47323    It is really a short rib and they turn out great.  ;)

BedouinBob said:
I am pretty sure that these wouldn't take any longer than a pork short rib. I would go that route first and then do the tooth pick test. I think that the "3 rib plate" is probably a short rib which I did recently and is posted here: http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=5124.msg47323#msg47323    It is really a short rib and they turn out great.  ;)
Bob those loom delicious..my next decision is do I do no peek of 3-2-1?

+1 on the no peek. I use that all of the time with great results. If you want them sauced, do that for the last 30 minutes of the cook.

Laura - you need to try out Choice Meats on the north side of Fairview about a mile east of the Village.  They usually have  an outstanding selection of meats.  If they don't have it on display, they can usually cut it for you.  They are a bit pricey but I've never gotten anything there that I felt was less than stellar.  Outrageous smoked ham shanks.  They are the best for a ham & bean soup.  Worth checking out.

Master-Hack said:
Laura - you need to try out Choice Meats on the north side of Fairview about a mile east of the Village.  They usually have  an outstanding selection of meats.  If they don't have it on display, they can usually cut it for you.  They are a bit pricey but I've never gotten anything there that I felt was less than stellar.  Outrageous smoked ham shanks.  They are the best for a ham & bean soup.  Worth checking out.
Hey thanks alot for the imfo, I'm in that area alot I'll check it out. Can you smell my ribs smoking😆

Back