Hi from WV

Wvfarmin

Hello, just got a 3D after playing around with a very basic smoker for a little over a year. We raise pastured poultry, grass finished beef an pastured pork on our farm so I have access to great meat to smoke. I have gotten into making summer sausages and snack sticks but controlling the temp so the fat doesn't leak was an issue so I bit the bullet and took a plunge in buying the 3D so I don't have to hopefully babysit it so much and worry. I mean, with a farm you always have something else that needs to be done. I did get the jerky drier as well to hopefully avoid casing issues. I am so glad this forum exists to offer recipes and advice! The electronic controller unit seems a bit intimidating, but I hope to get the hang of it.  :)

Welcome aboard. You bought a great smoker. I have the original #3, to this day i am thrilled i bought such a great product. I added an auber a couple years ago. You will get the hang of the electronics quite quickly. Enjoy!

Welcome from ND Diana! You are going to love the 3D for making Summer Sausages and Sticks.

I make a ton of Snack Sticks in my #3 and am very happy to see that you got the Jerky Drier. This is VITAL for making sausages/sticks in these smokers. There are several threads about sticks/sausage in the sausage thread for you to read in addition to posting any questions that you may have.

Welcome from Texas Diana! The 3D will take your smoking to a whole new level. Just be sure to use good wood, lots of folks here use smokinlicious.com for thier wood. We're here if you want to ask questions or show pics of the great LazyQ you've made. Enjoy!

Hi Diana and welcome from the Keys. The SI3 is a great unit and it sounds like you have some terrific ingredients to work with.

Back