Hi from Maryland

dcrobbins

Greetings everyone.  All I asked for for Christmas was a Smokin It #2.  There's a large cardboard box in my garage, so I guess I was nice this year.  Can't wait to fire it up in 2 weeks!

Don't wait for two weeks.  Tell Santa needs a test run (or 3) before the big day.  Congrats, enjoy.

John

Congrats, Dan, and welcome!  Santa will understand if you do a few "test runs," for evaluation purposes, of course! ;D

dcrobbins said:
Greetings everyone.  All I asked for for Christmas was a Smokin It #2.  There's a large cardboard box in my garage, so I guess I was nice this year.  Can't wait to fire it up in 2 weeks!

If you are near Elkridge, just open your windows my #3 will be going all day!

Welcome from Indiana.  I love my #2.

Dont wait, pre-season it and get smoking, your family will thank you.  By the time i Brined my first 9.5 boston butt, it was over 30 hrs from the time of prep to when we could eat.  Granted there are several smokes that take less time.  All of which are quite rewarding.

Cheers!

I received mine 3 days before Christmas and cooked Christmas dinner for 15.  Having it a few days early allowed me to season it & have a couple of smaller test cooks prior to the big day.  Christmas dinner last year was a complete success. Pork shoulder, ribs, mac & cheese with smoked gouda & cheddar, black eyed pea tart & vegetables.  The practice was helpfull.

I agree. Your gift could be some good eats for your family for Christmas.

You could still wrap and open the box and be surprised if you want ;)

These are some logical arguments.  I think it will have to be opened this weekend!  I'll get it seasoned and ready to cook for family over the Xmas break.  Bigfoot- I'm not far at all, Ellicott City.

Back