Hi from Georgia

aspenextreme03

I don't have a SI model yet but going to purchase the model 1 or 2 in the next week or so.  I smoke cheese all of the time on my weber kettle with ampns and it works nice and when I do get a smoker I will continue to do cheese and then start on salmon and other things. 

If I do go with the 1 I might get an auber to go with it.  If I get the 2 I will just get a thermo probably from maverick or thermoworks tw8060.

talk to you all soon.

My opinions are:
Anyone having second thoughts between a larger or smaller model should buy the larger one.
Anyone thinking about maybe adding an Auber to their smoker order, should wait until they have completed several smokes. They are cool but not a necessity.

Noted in the auber and that is a good point. I am ordering next week so i need to decide on the model. My thing is since i cannot see them in person i really dont know for sure which one. More than likely the bigger one just to make sure.

I was lucky enough to see a friends #2 before i ordered. At the time I didn't know larger models were available, I am thrilled with my #3. If you can afford it go with the #2.

I originally bought the #1.  While it is a solid performer, and produced some really good Q, I always regretted not going with the #2.  Now that I have a #2, I can see why I should have gone that route to begin with!  Get the biggest one that fits your budget...you won't regret it!

One way to gauge the size is get a tape measure/yard stick and measure out the dimensions of each (maybe on a cardboard box if you have a big one). That should give you a rough idea of each size for comparison purposes. Also consider what you may be doing with them. Bigger is better if you like to through parties and cook ALOT of meat. Smaller is good for typical families and extended family gatherings. I like my #2 as it will create enough to feed 10-20 people if I needed it to. #3 would be better for full racks of ribs and packer briskets but I have managed to squeeze a full rack diagonally on my #2 and I can fit an ~12 lb packer brisket without cutting it up.

Get the #2, after your 1st to 5th smoke you'll wonder why you didn't get the #3.

#2 racks are deeper than the #1.  Check the specs online.  It makes a difference.

My #1 is perfect for me. But I never had the dilemma over which one to buy. Didn't really even consider the #2 for my needs. Which is why I'm going to tell you to buy the #2! Anyone who is having trouble deciding between the #1 and #2 should definitely buy the larger one!

Congrats Eric,
From one GA boy to another, you wont regret the #2, that's what I have and most of the time I'm cooking for three but can easily cook for more if I need to... if I had seen this sooner you could have run up to the house and seen mine , Im just up the road in Calhoun
You will love it..
PJ

Pj,

No worries and did the seasoning today and now some beef ribs that were on sale from publix. Speaking of smoking are there any local places to get some wood??  I know i can buy online bit would be nice to source locally is possible.

puddle jumper said:
Congrats Eric,
From one GA boy to another, you wont regret the #2, that's what I have and most of the time I'm cooking for three but can easily cook for more if I need to... if I had seen this sooner you could have run up to the house and seen mine , Im just up the road in Calhoun
You will love it..
PJ

Acadamy Sports has a good selection of wood in "smaller" bags, that's where I pick mine up around me,,, also when you are there pick up some Plowboys Yardbird dry rub,,, good stuff...
Congrats on you smoker!!
PJ

Hey Eric,

I was looking at the 1,2 and 3. For me money was not the issue, but in the end went with the #2 and am very happy.

I chose the #2 because I wanted something that was small enough so it was not a focal point on in my pool area. Also it needed to be big enough when we had friends over I could produce enough for everyone.

Either way you will enjoy.

Greg

Back