Hey Everybody!

bigbassnutt

I have been browsing this site for a couple months now so thought I should say hey. I purchased a model 2 direct from Steve about a month ago and love it. I am new to smoking so this site has been invaluable to me.  After seasoning my smoker, I made some ribs that were pretty good and made some bacon wrapped chicken thighs this weekend. I had always wrapped my ribs and really like the fall off the bone texture but tried the no peek method. Had a little pull after 5 hours, tried another half hour but was afraid I was overcooking them so I took them out, still had a little tug to them. I will try them a little longer next time. I have the Auber PID and just can't say anything bad about this setup. Looking forward trying a pork butt next. Thanks to everyone sharing their recipies and techniques on here, I will try to do the same, Mike

Attachments

• ribs pic.jpg
    ribs pic.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 281
  • bacon wrapped chicken thighs.jpg
    bacon wrapped chicken thighs.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 301
Welcome Mike!  Glad you've stepped out of the shadows to join our little party! ;D  Sounds like you're off to a great start. 

Mike, let us know when / how you perfect that technique for smoked bass (or as we call them, green trout).

Welcome the #2 is a great little unit had mine for a couple of months now and I use it way more than I ever thought I would........hoping you have as much fun as I have had.

Looks great Mike!

One of the nice things about the Smokin-It smokers that I have found is that it is hard to dry out your meat in these things. The smokers retain moisture so well and if you use a pan of juice, beer, etc. (as I always do) your meat will rarely be too dry.

This is the very reason that the no-peak method works so well.

We'll be looking forward to hearing about more successful smokes.

Back