Hello New to Forum

gatorb

Hi all I am a Die Hard stick & charcoal cooker,  Due to I can't carry the big wood burner with me.  :o :'( And I had some Q off a Bradley a while back got me looking into purchasing an electric smoker. My research brought me here.  Looking into getting the #2 or #3, The deliberation is due to  I travel a lot and it will be on the road with me. I carry a weber for grill'en & chill'en, But like to do Briskets Tender loin, racks of ribs & Pork loin, . And after reading this site for a bit, pork butttt!!! sounds and looks real tasty. (I know I got carried away on all the Q I like to do) I do want to say I have already learned a lot just reading the informative post on here. And say thanks to all, And think I could go for some "Lazy Q" Days.

Gator, welcome from SW Arkansas! I have a #2 and love it. If you are planning on carrying the smoker around while traveling the #2 might be best.

If you travel the #2 sb fine.

If memory serves correct the #2 has 15 x 15 racks

The # 3 is 15 x 20 racks.

I would think you could fit more "full" rib racks in the #3. 

I have the #2, have done 3 full racks a few times but cut down the middle.

Hi Gator!  I would think the #2 will suit your needs very well.  It is much more "transportable," and still allows you to cook a lot of Q!  The #3 is great, but is a big, heavy unit.  I guess it depends on how you plan to deploy it on the road; take it out of storage, or have it permanently mounted somehow?

Thanks for the replies.  I reside in a 38' Big Horn Rv on the road, So No permanent mount options,  when not On the road  I Hang around  Hot Springs Ar. Jimmy just down the road a bit. pert near neighbors
Questions? what size brisket do you think would fit in the #2 no trimming I like to cook the whole ones best? And what State do these ship from? Didn't see a phone number or addy on the site.

Gator,

I'd go with the #2, considering.  These ship from Michigan.  Give Steve (the owner) a call at 260-417-9951, and talk to him.  Great guy, and he'll take care of you!  That's actually the  "customer service" line on the website!  Can't get much better than the owner's personal phone for customer service!

" I Hang around  Hot Springs Ar. Jimmy just down the road a bit. pert near neighbors"

Gator, cool! Yes, Hot Springs is about 30 miles North of Arkadelphia. Again, welcome to the club.

Back