Hello, new here from NH

Donmac

Howdy!

I've been smokin' for a few years with one of those mediocre Brinkman round upright smokers and really look forward using my new #1 (a REAL Smoker).

I ordered this baby on Monday 4/20 and was amazed that I received an e-mail that it had been shipped only one hour after I ordered it. Great service!!!

I Received it on 4/23, unpacked it and seasoned it for 4 hours. Couldn't wait to use it so I ran down to the butcher and bought 2lbs of tomato & provolone sausage. I wanted something that would cook fast as it was 4pm
and I wanted it to be ready at 6-6:30.  I wrapped some applewood chips in foil w/ holes and set the temp to 225 and 2/12 hours later....mmmm.

I ordered the Maverick ET-732 due in tomorrow and I am either picking up a butt or a loin tonight (wife's choice) for smoking this weekend.

So far I love this little unit and look forward to many fine smoked foods.

I have been checking out these forums and I see lots of good tips and you guys all seem very helpful.

talk to ya later, Don.

Hello Don,

Welcome from North Dakota

I think you will find that the Smokin-It is a huge upgrade from the Brinkman.

My first smoker was a Brinkman (electric in my case) too. But that was close to 20 years ago.  8)

Congrats and Welcome, Don!  Sounds like you're off to a great start!  Ask all the questions you want - we're here to help.  You'll definitely like the Maverick; it makes our "Lazy Q" job easy!

Tomato and provolone sausage?  THAT sounds amazing!!!!!

Welcome to the wide world of wonderful.

rickne said:

I was thinking the exact same thing, Rick!  I'm going to start looking for that sausage - hope it's not just a New Hampshire thing! ???

DivotMaker said:
rickne said:

I was thinking the exact same thing, Rick!  I'm going to start looking for that sausage - hope it's not just a New Hampshire thing! ???

I've never heard of it.  I will be looking for it though.

Welcome, Don!  You will find this to be a nice place to hang out, get good recipes, and lots of good advice!  Cheers

DivotMaker said:
Thanks, Don.  We'll like you even more if you tell us where to get that killer sausage! ;D

I get the sausage from Mr. Steers in Londonderry, NH.  http://mrsteermeats.com/

They have a guy that is a sausage expert that makes many types of sausage including kielbasa which is also amazing(its nothing like the store bought pre-cooked stuff) . I buy most of my important (for the smoker) meats there.

Donmac said:
DivotMaker said:
Thanks, Don.  We'll like you even more if you tell us where to get that killer sausage! ;D

I get the sausage from Mr. Steers in Londonderry, NH.  http://mrsteermeats.com/

They have a guy that is a sausage expert that makes many types of sausage including kielbasa which is also amazing(its nothing like the store bought pre-cooked stuff) . I buy most of my important (for the smoker) meats there.

My chin just hit the desk!  If he won't ship to Arkansas, I may have to move to New Hampshire! ;)  Looks like a really stellar butcher shop!!

Back