Hello from Wisconsin

Shmokan

Been window shopping for a true smoker for a few years now. Been using my weber once and a while to smoke a turkey (actually works quite well). Saw this one online looks well built and seems to have a lot of happy customers. I bought the #1 since I'm only cooking for two right now and am not sure how much I will be using it. I figure if I use it a lot I will get a #2 later and use them in unison for the given occasion. Looks like a lot of good info here, looking forward to do some Shmokan.

Welcome Shmokan!  Big Packers fan here, so you're already one of my favorites! ;)  You'll find you'll use your #1 much more than you think.  It's so easy, it really promotes usage - unlike anything you have to build a fire in!  Let us know how it goes, and glad to have you on board!  Go Pack!

Welcome to the nut house!  LOL, I'm a recent member of the club and have found a ton of useful information (enough to make a newbie fairly confident when doing those first few smokes) and enjoy the fact that sometimes we can get a little nutty while imparting/receiving sage advice.

Couldn't agree more with Tony, I'm still just shy of a week (received and seasoned on Thurs 3/19) and have already done a butt and brisket on Fri/Sat then meatloaf and mac n  cheese on Sunday.  The brisket and pulled pork were supposed to be for a birthday shindig last weekend but half the people got sick so I postponed.  Looks like more pulled pork and some ribs this weekend (amazingly, I've had no shortage of people to help me eat last weekend's efforts  ::) )

Yea about them Packers.... Hate to say I disowned them for a while after the BIG choke playoff game this last season ..... I'll get over it. Should have smoker by the weekend so I'll have to give it a trial run. The wife is mad at me, I told her I was taking up smoking again. Oh well she will get over it when she sees it's not a big bong delivered to the front porch. My doctor said my cholesterol was getting a "little" higher than he wanted. I'm not one to go half way on anything so I bought a smoker.  ;)  I'll let ya know how the ribs turned out.

Welcome from the oldest city in America, Saint Augustine Florida, 450 years and still kick in!

P.S. I am not that old, but still kick in!
Greg

Back