Hello from the UK

LM600

Hi All,

Loving the look of these smokers.

I'm Marcus, 40, married, no kids from Milton Keynes in the sunny UK. I've been BBQing for years using an upright charcoal and wood water smoker and a charcoal grill.

I also do a fair bit of cold smoking and bacon curing.

The BBQ scene over here is pretty poor, there are a few competitive teams (something I am not interested in) and there are a few restaurants opening up on the back of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives and Man V Food being shown on TV.

So, that's me. Looking forward to hopefully learning and contributing here  :)

Cheers,

Marcus

We are glad to have you Marcus!  You looking to add a SI to your arsenal?  Look forward to getting your take on BBQ.  Welcome.

Hi Marcus,

I'm pretty sure you're our first international member!  Let me just warn you....if you spend much time with us, you're going to develop an uncontrollable need to own a Smokin-It smoker!  Not sure how hard it would be to get one into the UK, but it'd sure be cool to have one across the pond! ;D

Welcome and yes if you read all through this forum you will want one really bad! They are super easy to use and create great Q. I have no idea how much it would be to ship there but I still think it would be worth it overall.

Cheers for the Welcomes Guys!

Yes, I do want a SI...3 or 4 with PID would be perfect, but I guess the shipping would be killer plus there's the change to the voltage etc. required.

We can get Cookshacks over here via an importer but the cost is mega....even a GMG Jim Bowie is over £1000  :(

Oh well, I guess'll just have to jack my job in and emigrate to the US!

Back