Hello from the Smoky Mountains

Smoky Dawg

After months of deliberating, I just received my #1. Portability, quality and value, which is only exceeded by value of the fine folks on this forum are the reasons I picked SI. Although I've been around awhile, age wise, I'm still somewhat of a novice to smokin. Very much looking forward to pickin y'alls brains, please be gentle.Thanks

Howdy Glenn and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new #1!

You'll find most around here love to help new guys out so don't be afraid to ask anything or seek help. Break'er in and and let us all know how your first smokin' goes

Thanks TX, I appreciate that, and while you're offering up help let me ask you this; I received a complimentary bottle of the Hot Mustard sauce and I'm not too fond of the mustard taste, is there any reason why I should not use this as a binder on the butt I plan to smoke this weekend ?

Welcome Glenn from Western Canada. I picked up my #1 last Tuesday and used it for the first time yesterday and love it  better than I would of guessed the way my ribs turned out. ;) ;)

Yeah I'm really stoked Hank, can't hardly wait till the weekend, find myself thinking about it all the time. Maybe when I get that first smoke under my belt I can go back to my regular sleep schedule, lol.

Welcome Glenn from Marietta!  Never used “hot” mustard myself but you will notice many folks use plain old yellow as a binder for butts, ribs etc.  Never a hint of mustard with the final product as far as I’m concerned.  Enjoy the new #1, you’ll be as addicted as the rest of us in no time!

Hey Glenn ... go for it with the hot mustard sauce, but then again I'm from Texas ...LOL

Actually I don't think the mustard will leave much of a flavor change ... if anything a very faint background note of ...Humm, that's good stuff!!!

Welcome from SW IL!
Same boat as you experience-wise. Great smoker, GREAT forum! I've picked up a ton of useful info here.

Back