Hello from Saint Augustine Florida

gregbooras

I have been smoking BBQ for years with a Big Green Egg and I have always had good luck with the results. But my time is limited and I was looking for an easier way to get the job done when I came across the Smokin-it smokers. At first I was torn between the Smokin-it smokers and the folks that make a similar product out of Texas. But after reading all the info on this forum I ordered the #2 smoker yesterday.

I am looking forward to seeing how it does.

Greg

You made the correct choice. You are going to love your new #2. Enjoy the forum, there is lots of great information here. Read the sections for beginners and start planing your first smoke, SI delivers fast.

Pork Belly,

Thanks, I am excited to try out my new smoker. The only problem will be keeping neighbors from storming the house for more ribs  :)

I even ordered my wood today from Maine Grilling Woods, so I will be ready to start smoking next week.

Let the neighbors sample a few tastes. Let them know that you will be happy to trade meat for smoking. What ever raw meat they provide they can have half of it after smoking. Do not let people know how easy it is, they think your a genius pit master.

You can also say things like, "If you guys want to provide the side dishes and beer I can smoke some pork butt for 16 hours then pull-it for sandwiches...."

People think what we do is hard, they are so wrong. On another topic, my family loves St. Augustine. Any chance you could run down to Old Town and pick up some cigars for me?

Welcome from Delaware, Greg!  I have a #2 as well, and have been smoking something pretty much every weekend for two years!  I am sure you will be happy happy happy!  Cheers

Good choice Greg. That's whats great about the SI. You get to enjoy life more instead of watching the temp and wood.

Back