Hello from Ron in Georgia

Ron W

Hello everyone.  I'm brand new to smoking and recently purchased the Smokin-It Model 2. I currently live in Decatur, GA but moving to Eatonton, GA in a couple of months.  I probably would have purchased the 2D if I had done enough research to know about the temperature variations in the analog model.  However, I just bought the Auber WS-1211GPH PID controller and am anxious to try this out the next time I fire up the smoker.  I hope to learn more about smoking from all of you!

2 years ago I bought a #3 analog with the intent of adding PID later. I have decided I don't need a PID now. Temp swings even out and don't bother me.  It would be nice to have a done temp and have the temp automatically drop to a 140 for holding, but that is a feature I would only need 1-2 times a year. 

Welcome from Marietta, Ron!  You are going to love your #2!  Lots of help available on the forum, don’t be afraid to ask anything! 

Hey Ron, welcome!  Also a newbie here, my second Smoke coming up this weekend.  Also have a #2 analog.  First smoke last weekend was a chicken, set at 250.  The swing I had was from 235 to 270, no big deal, at least for me.

Back