Hello from Rancho Cucamonga

Ritche

Hi Guys,

I just got the #2 and I am excited to use it. I do need some tips that I can't find. Can I smoke  beef and pork rib at once? Any instruction how I can smoke them together?

Thanks.
-R

Hi Ritche!  Welcome to the club!

Beef and pork ribs can certainly be smoked together.  Use 235 for the set temp, with a pan of juice or water next to the smoke box.  You can pull the beef ribs sooner than 5 hours - beef can be medium or medium-rare, unlike pork.  Check out the Pork and Beef sections, in recipes, for particulars on each, and use some judgment on when both are done.

Welcome aboard Richie, lots of info and support from the guys and gals here I'm a new #2 owner as well & luv it.
Have a look around, lots of recipes..  :)

Just be prepared to never have fridge space again (unless you have a spare fridge).  Between brining, curing and resting after rubs not to mention all the leftover food if you cook enough....I've been chronically short on fridge space for a month now since I got mine

mizzoufan said:
Just be prepared to never have fridge space again (unless you have a spare fridge).  Between brining, curing and resting after rubs not to mention all the leftover food if you cook enough....I've been chronically short on fridge space for a month now since I got mine

LOL!  I got mine in November, and the shortage of fridge space doesn't get better over time.  Plus there is the need for several different flavors of BBQ sauce, which take up additional space. The good news, though, is that the food you eat will be terrific.

Back