hello from Pittsburgh!!

Mikey

Hello to all! I've been lurking here now for about 6 months, I've learned a lot, and I'm looking forward to continuing my smokin education with the wealth of knowledge here :)

I've been smoking with a masterbuilt entry level smoker that I plumb wore out (fixed it twice) and decided to step up to a better quality tool, about 2 months ago, I bought a model 3d, and could not be more happy with my purchase. so far, i've done a brisket, several shoulders, and a bunch of ribs. I do smoke a lot of sockeye, when it's in season, and that is definitely in my plans. also, any advice on cold smoking would be much appreciated. I've been dry curing and cold smoking bacon for a year or so. It's amazing! I use an amazin products pellet maze, and it's been working very well. From the knowledge that I've been able to glean from here, it seems the smokinit is too well sealed to allow enough oxygen to keep the pellets burning, so I've made a ventilator from a computer fan.  If anyone is interested I'll share my results. Any advice would likewise be appreciated.

The auber instructions are somewhat confusing to me, I remember reading somewhere on this forum that detailed instructions on the digital models would be forthcoming, but I haven't seen them yet. There are some videos on youtube that have been helpful, but my confidence level is not very high.

I am very pleased to be a member of this forum, the wealth of knowledge, and the willingness of the members to share that knowledge is an amazing resource that I've been, and will continue to utilize :)

Mikey, we're are beyond glad that you chose a Smokin-It smoker and that you're a member here! Welcome!

With that said, I am of no help when it comes to the Auber as I only have a #3 but I am sure someone will be along soon to help :)

Again, welcome to the fray and I look forward to seeing some of your awesome cooks!

Welcome from Texas Mikey! We're glad to have you with us. I have the #3 without the auber so I don't know anything about it but there are many here that will certainly be able to answer any questions you may have. Hope to see you around here often.

Welcome from SE Arizona. New instructions are being written. When I got my 3D I overthought the instructions. The different screens were confusing to me but I worked it all out and the food is great. Just hang in there. 

Welcome, Mikey!  Congrats on the 3D!

Yes, we will soon have more detailed instructions.  In the interim, you can download the GPH1500 instructions from www.auberins.com.  The programming is actually pretty intuitive, once you use it a bit.  Just remember, for each step, 1.  What box temp?  2. What "trigger?" (time or temp), and 3. How long, or how much?  It'll be second-nature soon!

Hello from Virginia.  Dig around the forum and you will find what you're looking for.  If not, ask and you shall receive!  8)

Thank you all for the welcome! I'm happy to be here, and looking forward to learning even more tips and tricks. :) :)

Welcome from ND Mikey!

I use my A-MAZE-N smokers in my #3 quite regularly for cold smoking. I don't see the need for using them for anything other than cold smoking though.

I have an AMNPS as well as a 6" and a 12" AMNTS. I have found that I have the best luck with the AMNTS with pellets than the AMNPS.

We're glad you found us. You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

I hear, lived in bethel park my entire life and the wifey recently convinced me to cross the river and enjoy Westmoreland County taxes.

Go Stillers!!!
I now live in NH but I lived in Murry'sville for 4 years. the last year I had to drive through both tunnels to get to work. it made a long commute but still enjoyed living in Da' burgh...

Welcome to SI Mike.  Go Pens! I lived in Scott and downtown for 10 yrs, 11 in Wheeling with a condo on the South Side.  Great place to live.

Hey Mikey, welcome from Colorado. Regarding the bacon, it's not that hard. Take a look at the bacon section and you will have lots of info. Or just ask questions to the forum!  8)

Back