Hello from Oklahoma

David

About 12 years ago our local Maytag dealer gave me a nice glass-top Electric oven to turn into a smoker. All he wanted were pictures. I used a Barber-Coleman PID controller, a 50 amp SSR (yeah, overkill, it was laying around the shop) one of the surface burners for the wood box. Hung a SS hoffman enclosure on it's back, added a stack, Tiled the top, and for the next decade or so, I had a perfect smoker, or "yard-oven". I smoked brisket during ice storms just to prove i could. It had a permanent place outside my shop, exposed to rain, snow, sun. for more than a decade. We moved. It stayed. This little guy has some big shoes to fill :) I'm a Process Controls Engineer and it's going to be hard to keep my hands off of it, but I'm going to trust in the folks who built these and not modify it at all for at least a year!!

Thanks everyone, I'm catching up on all the topics! looking forward to this weekend's smoke-a-thon!

Welcome David from ND! You are going to love your new #1, and you have already found one of the best parts about owning/using a Smokin-It smoker, which is this forum.

Welcome — SE Oklahoma

I’d whine about our cold snap but I’m originally from MN... the hyacinths and daffodils are in bloom in the back yard.

Back