Hello from NJ

Steve NJ

Hello Steve here from southern NJ. Got a #2 last summer and have enjoyed Ribs, Butts and a few Briskets. Purchased the Auber over the winter and installed the probe yesterday. Thanks for all the how to's here to make things easier. Have a butt in since midnight on my first smoke with the Auber. Awesome temp. control. Almost 12 hours and been holding 225 all night and meat is at 181 now. Looking good for diner tonight!

Steve,

Once you hit temp are you planning to hold in a cooler or drop the box to 140 wrap meat and hold there?

Greg

I have it programed to drop to 140 when meat hits 198. Since I am keeping an eye on it I'll pull it out and wrap in foil and a towel or 2 for an hour or so. Then pull it and enjoy!

Steve NJ said:
I have it programed to drop to 140 when meat hits 198. Since I am keeping an eye on it I'll pull it and wrap in foil and a towel or 2 for an hour or so. Then pull it and enjoy!

Sounds excellent, I have having left over pulled pork for lunch today!

Greg

One of our best so far. All without the stress! Easy Q to be sure. Used a propane smoker for years with all the troubles associated with it...

Attachments

• IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 265
The Auber was fantastic. A little hard to figure out at first but we found these instructional videos and bingo! http://smokintalk.com/programming-part-1/

Hope it's ok to post this here.

Attachments

• IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 251
Looks great, Steve!!  Congrats!  The Auber programming is pretty easy, once you get the concept of temp, trigger (f or t), and duration.  If you don't have the permanent (wall-mount) probe, I highly recommend it.  It takes the variable of probe placement completely out of the equation.

Back