Hello From New Hampshire

dmajeski23

I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to this forum.  My name is Dennis and I am originally from South Florida and am now living in New Hampshire.  I am an Executive Chef in the Boston area and I work at a golf course where we also run a catering operation.  We just recently purchased a Model 4 smoker and are looking to use it everyday.  We are completely changing the menu around and we are looking to integrate BBQ into our menu.  I purchased the model 4 because of all the great reviews I have read about the product and I cant wait to get back to the restaurant (we are a seasonal restaurant) and start doing some r&d with the new smoker.  Down the road I see us also using the smoker to supply the food truck we are looking to acquire as well as adding BBQ to the catering menus and the other bar we are taking over.  I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to start making some serious Q with this beast of a smoker!!!

Welcome from ND Dennis!

It sounds like you are going to be having a LOT of fun with your new smoker.

Hi Dennis, welcome from the Florida Keys. It is 78 degrees here and I gather you are expecting 12-24 inches of snow tonight. Why did you ever leave? Anyway it sounds like you could become our resident expert on the #4. There is a great bunch of guys on the forum and we are all expecting some terrific recipes from you!

Hi Dennis, and welcome to "Club Lazy Q!"  I believe you're our first "commercial" user.  The #4 is perfect for the applications you have in mind, and your customers will be blown away with the amazing Q you are soon to serve them!

If I were in your shoes, I would have done exactly the same thing!  You will be able to produce a lot of great meat at one time, while still tending to all the other duties in your kitchen.  It's all in the prep, not the "process!" 

Great choice, and we look forward to helping you however we can!  I also look forward to your insight, as a professional chef, on our recipes and techniques!  I see this will be a very beneficial relationship for all!

Thanks everyone, Limey i dont know why I left i regret it everytime i have to go outside and shovel.  I am going back in mid February for 2 weeks for vacation to get away from the snow!! I am going back tpo work tomorrow and thee smokker is there so i cant wait to season that baby up and start doing some r&d. 

Welcome, Dennis!  Glad to have you on board.  There's plenty good room here in the SI forums!  Lots of good advice and recipes to try out.  Cheers

By the way, Dennis, you're probably my newest hero - nothing like combining golf with great BBQ!  Throw some good beer in the mix, and it's perfect!  Man, what a life you must have!! 8)

DivotMaker said:
By the way, Dennis, you're probably my newest hero - nothing like combining golf with great BBQ!  Throw some good beer in the mix, and it's perfect!  Man, what a life you must have!! 8)
Thanks man its not to bad except I am mostly working all the time while all the customers get the BBQ, Beer and golf!!  I will be doing the first smoke tomorrow gonna be smoking 4 pork butts, ill be sure to post pictures. 

Welcome from the oldest city in America, Saint Augustine Florida, 450 years and still kick in!

P.S. I am not that old, but still kick in!
Greg

Back