Hello from N. E. Indiana.

muddyoldman

Hello,  newby here from Spencerville, IN.    I went up to Steve's place to purchase my no. 2 on tues.  night.  This is my first smoker and I plan on doing the "break-in burn"  this week end. 

Muddy, welcome from SW Arkansas! Congratulations on your purchase. I am sure you will be very pleased with the SI performance. This forum is an excellent place for you to ask questions and search for recipes. A lot of very knowledgeable people here to help guide you along if you need it.

Hey Muddy, Welcome from Kansas City, I am the proud owner of the #1 & #3 smokers. I see great bbq in your future. Hope to see a name and city in your signature line. Have a great weekend and through some ribs in that bad boy after your seasoned smoke.

Welcome, Muddy!  Good to have you with us!  Now that you're here, how about a first name and town in your signature line?  We're kind of personal, around here, and like to know each other!

You'll love the #2 - I know I have!

Thanks for all wonderful responses. I got the smoker seasoned last night. Wow, they put off some smoke. I could smell it from inside the house. I plan on trying some chicken to start. wish me luck.

Welcome from Texas Muddy! Enjoy your #2 and share your thoughts and experience with us. We are a friendly bunch so jump right in.

Welcome from VA! As others said, tell us all about the chicken when you do it.

My first smoke on the #2 was a two part smoke. First, 3 racks of ribs. Next, some sausages, a chicken, and a tray of Mac and cheese.  It was a big undertaking for a first smoke, but I was hooked after that.

Back