Hello from Long Beach, CA

LBC LazyQ

My name is Steve and I am a Kansas transplant living in Southern California.  I live in a condo and unfortunately am unable to grill/smoke on our patio due to fire/smoke concerns to the other neighbors.  I am new to smoking and have purchased a Model 1 smoker and I am quietly using it at work on Saturdays.  As you can guess, I am quite popular with the guys who work on Saturday.  This forum has been a great resource... thank you.

Many condos and apartments allow these. It's too bad yours doesn't. It doesn't seem any more dangerous than using a kitchen oven. I suppose neighbors could complain about the smoke though, if the balconies/patios are close together. Do they allow any sort of grill? A grill can produce quite of bit of smoke at times also.

Hi Steve, welcome aboard from N'East MA.
Just a thought.....Is outdoor cooking allowed in Common areas? If so the "Little Guy" fits the bill!

Is it obvious by-laws on what is allowed or is there a fine line?

i.e.  You could call it Mosquito or bug control.  They dont have to know there is food inside.

Oh, you are in Long Beach California!  I'm almost surprised they shipping to that zip code 8)

Back