Hello from Connecticut

Truck1

Hi All,
My name is Mike from CT. Received my #1 on Monday doing the seasoning today. Would have done it sooner but, mother nature threw in some rain. Will be smoking soon.

Welcome, Mike!  As you may already have found, we have lots of good information on the forum and different smokes to try out!  Don't worry about rain, though...the SI smokers work fine in the rain.  Now if it's a torrential downpour, then it may not be fun to sit out and enjoy the smoker!

As long as you are plugged into a ground fault circuit, You are fine operating in the rain. I did bacon in a downpour, had to have one of the kids hold an umbrella while I unloaded the smoker.

Welcome again, Mike!  Glad you're here!  Lots of fun times and great Q ahead of you.  Hang out here when you can, ask lots of questions (play "stump the monkey"), and remember we love pictures to drool over! ;D

Welcome Mike:

You will love your new smoker.  When it comes to rain, I have had my share of (let's just say) 'experiences'.  I smoked a brisket last Spring and did not check the weather first.  Let's just say, I had a nice grease pool on my patio.  My wife was very understanding and helped me out :)

Welcome to the Smokin-It club, and I hope you have as much fun learning as I do.  This forum has a great bunch of members, and some of the creative recipes are worth looking into. 

Back