Hello from Colorado

Corman

Thought I would stop by and introduce myself. I took advantage of the inventory special and my #3 arrives tomorrow. I can hardly wait to get it seasoned and ready for a weekend set of ribs.

I hail from Northern Colorado and am very new to smoking meat. I have done a couple of smokes on an inexpensive propane model and was really disappointed with the experience and out come. So, I decided to go all in with a quality smoker. After a ton of research I landed on the smokin it #3 and made the purchase. I look forward to sharing future adventures with all the great people here on this forum.

Welcome from ND Corman!

You will love your #3. I know I do. I have a Masterbuilt XL and a Big Chief too and rarely use them anymore. Trying to get the temp dialed in is always such a headache. With the #3, I set it and then go to bed during an overnight smoke or go shopping or shoot some pool during a daytime smoke. No matter what, I know the temp is going to be controlled. I just need to be around when the internal temp starts getting close to being done.

We have a great group of guys and gals here that are always ready and willing to help with any questions that you may have.

Hi Corman and welcome. Like you I am a new smoker and did a lot of research. You will not be disappointed in your #3-it's a great unit. Also on the forum we have a great bunch of guys from whom I have learned a lot- everyone is very eager to help and the old timers are very knowledgeable. Welcome aboard.

Welcome, Corman...you have found the right place!  I know you will enjoy a lot of good smokes with the #3.  I purchased a #2 about two years ago and pretty much have something smoking every week!  Lots of good recipes on this forum to try out.  Cheers

Welcome to the coolest BBQ club on the planet, Corman!!  I like to call it "Club Lazy Q!" 8)

Good to have you with us.  We're here to help, so don't be shy.  If you'd like, a first name and town in your profile signature line helps us get to know our newest member!

Welcome to the family!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Found the box on my front porch when I arrived home from work. Man, is that thing packed well. Put it together, but the seasoning will need to wait. Definitely will have it seasoned up and ready for some ribs this weekend.

Back