Hello from Chicago

csteele2144

Hi All,

I've been posting a bit more lately so I figured I should introduce myself.  I've had a #2 for about a year now and love it.  Convinced my parents to get me one as a housewarming gift when we moved to a place that actually had a deck where I could smoke (can be harder than you think in the city).

I've been reading the forum for a while and the content here has been really helpful, especially for bacon.  My current project is a dry aged ribeye using the umai bag, it's around day 30 right now and looking great, but I'm holding out until day 45.

csteele2144 said:
Hi All,

I've been posting a bit more lately so I figured I should introduce myself.  I've had a #2 for about a year now and love it.  Convinced my parents to get me one as a housewarming gift when we moved to a place that actually had a deck where I could smoke (can be harder than you think in the city).

I've been reading the forum for a while and the content here has been really helpful, especially for bacon.  My current project is a dry aged ribeye using the umai bag, it's around day 30 right now and looking great, but I'm holding out until day 45.

Hey Chris,

I am from the Quad-Cities originally, moved to Florida 12 years ago to escape the winters!

Greg

gregbooras said:
csteele2144 said:
Hi All,

Hey Chris,

I am from the Quad-Cities originally, moved to Florida 12 years ago to escape the winters!

Greg

I actually grew up in the QC and moved to Chicago 8 years ago after college.

-Chris

csteele2144 said:
gregbooras said:
csteele2144 said:
Hi All,

Hey Chris,

Greg

I actually grew up in the QC and moved to Chicago 8 years ago after college.

-Chris
Very small world!

Greg

Great to have you with us, Chris!

Sounds like you've definitely spent some time in the shadows studying us!  You're gonna love the dry-aged steaks in the UMAi bags!  Make sure you get some good pics and post it!

Welcome from Texas Chris. I flew in and out of Ohare a lot years ago and i still remember how cold it was. We would be coming in over the lake to land and it would be snowing only over the lake. Beats all I've ever. Happy smokin!

drains said:
Welcome from Texas Chris. I flew in and out of Ohare a lot years ago and i still remember how cold it was. We would be coming in over the lake to land and it would be snowing only over the lake. Beats all I've ever. Happy smokin!

I've smoked in a few blizzards, this was my setup for the super bowl.  We got 22 inches of snow and 40 mph winds, I think it took about 2 weeks to get back in my smoker after I finished that day.
7Jq6cAK.jpg

Wow Chris, THAT'S hard-core! :o  Many of my brothers from the Great White North may not be impressed, but this Southerner is! ;)

Back