Hello from Central FL

UFG8r

Well I finally did it.  Been looking at these smokers and this forum for the last 6 months but finally pulled the trigger on a #3 earlier this week and I think it should be here tomorrow (that is what FedEx is telling me tonight). Debated between the #2 and the #3 and decided on the #3 as we have friends and family over a lot during the football season.  Also went ahead and bought the ET-732 thermometer since many of you recommended it.

I live in the Orlando area and I am a native Floridian (not many of us here anymore).  As you can tell from my username I am a Gator fan - spent 6 great years in Gainesville.    I grill a lot but I am new to smoking although I have always loved to eat Q. 

Well I appreciate the info everyone has posted on here.  I look forward to learning from all the posts, using the recipes and posting some pics.

Go Gators!

Welcome Will!  I grew up in Panama City and went to college in Pensacola so I understand the sorry state of Sunshine State 'Q (though I do have a soft spot in my heart for Sonny's BBQ).

Having owned the #3 for half a year, I'll give you any info or tips I can, as will the rest of the regulars on the board.

Congrats on your purchase, I guarantee you'll love it!

Hi Will,

Welcome to the club and congratulations.  I also purchased the #3 and T-732 and my decision was based on posts within the forum.  I also did a lot of research and I am extremely happy with my smoker.  You made the right choice and you definitely won't regret it.

Happy Smokin It!

welcome everybody has been good help to me also as i just ordered the model1 and iam also from florida i live in lakeland

Welcome to the "cool kids club" Will!  You'll have lots of fun with your new #3!  As I'm sure you're aware, if you've watched us for 6 months, we're here to help each other!  Let us know how we can help, and be sure to share your experiences & ideas!  We love new ideas!! ;D

So far, I am liking my #3.  The hardest part about using them is deciding what to cook next.

Etex,

There are no bad choices, it's all trial and error as everyone's tastes are different.  These forums have some great posts with great ideas to get you started with some successful and proven recipes and concepts.  Once you get more comfortable, you can be more creative.  Just remember to post your your attempts and feedback.

Back