Hello from Alabama

WarEagle

Just bought a 3D wifi version. Package was supposed to arrive last Monday but surprised me last Saturday  :) and I did the seasoning smoke that evening. Got busy with work and family events and could not get to a real smoke until today. I have read the LazyQ book and lots of postings. Decided on a Boston butt and am trying Jeff's Texas style rub on it since I like a little spice. Was out late last night and had some early errands so I did not get started until late this morning. I couldn't stand to wait another day so I just got started. For some reason I had 1.5 hrs per pound stuck in my head even though there are many places that say up to 2 hrs per pound. So here I am at 2:20am waiting on it to finish. Live and learn. I will definitely overestimate cooking time on the next smoke, but like I said, I couldn't bear waiting another day.
Pleased with the build quality so far. Only problem has been getting the wifi app to connect. I have not asked for help and have not tried any real troubleshooting yet. I opted to spend my time getting started smoking using the manual programming of the controller and will figure out the wifi later.

My only experience smoking has been burning a few chips in my 20 year old Weber grill and helping some men at church on a fundraiser smoke. This is going to be fun.

Welcome and congrats one the 3D. You will enjoy it! Sorry th first cook had you up to wee hours, but when the guests eat, the rave reviews will make up for it!

Enjoy and let us know how it goes! Roll Tide  ;D

Back