Hanging baby backs in #2

Wph

I received the rib hooks when I ordered my #2. Does anybody have thoughts on using them instead of laying the ribs on the racks?

Thanks
Paul

I also received the free rib hooks with my #1. The feeling I get on the forum is that folks don't really use them, at least for ribs, but they might have some other clever uses for them. My personal preference is for my ribs to be quite tender, so I've been afraid to use them, thinking my ribs would all be laying the bottom of the smoker once done to my preference. With my #1, I need to cut my racks in half to fit flat on the shelves, so... I can get 3 full racks of baby backs or St Louis, or 1-1/2 to 2 full spares per smoke, and so far, that has been adequate for my needs. I feel like with the rib hooks, I'd get about the same capacity with my #1, so I don't see much advantage to using them. But you might get more capacity with the rib hooks/vs flat on shelves with the #2. Maybe there is enough height to hang full racks of baby's? #2 owners will chime in.

Wph hi,  (real name?) don't use the rib hooks. None of us do. Perhaps they work in the #4 but otherwise not.

Hey Paul, I too received the rib hooks with my #1 as a freebie. Have never used them and to be honest they are just setting in the junk drawer in the kitchen. Good luck on your ribs.

DivotMaker said:
I think Steve has a zillion of them, so he always gives them away!  Nobody actually uses them. ???

I am sure at the time it seemed like a good idea...

Oh well not all great ideas work out :)

Greg

drains said:
Got em but never used em. I lay my ribs on the racks bone side down.

Absolutely the best method!  Even heat to the meat, the juices don't flow down and off the ribs, and the bones shield the top meat....how could there be a better way?!!

Back