Greetings from Southern California - Smokin-it #3

Calicoast

Hello, been meaning to set up an account for sometime...but what can I say, life gets busy. Pleasure to meet you all, and thank you for the help. I actually purchased my #3 last Christmas. Must have caught my wife in a mellow mood that day, she gave me the green light and said go for it! Needless to say, my order was completed before she got out of the shower. Couple days prior to "our" purchase, talked to Steve couple times, very nice guy. They had some extra items being offered for the holidays, so we have all the accesories, Auber, Jerky Dryer, Cart, etc. Before I purchase anything I do a ton of research, and this smoker met all my checklist items.
Overall, I am new to smoking. Since I have owned this, my overall take is that it is one bad ass smoker. Smoked Pork Butts, Brisket, and today it will be Beef Ribs. Super easy to clean with foil, very consistent results. Agree with other comments about using less wood. Our friends and family always asks when you smoking again!? With all the valuable forum information, this makes me look like a pro, and I aint joking. After I am done with a smoke, I clean her up, and wipe her down with Corrosion X. This might outlive me, looks like the day she arrived.
Very proud owner of a Smokin it #3. Happy Holidays All!

Welcome Chris, I also love my #3. I think it is the perfect size. Welcome to the forum, be sure to post some pics of your creations.

Welcome, Chris -- glad to hear of your successes with the #3!    I get similar comments from the neighbors--always looking for more smoked meat!    The simplicity of it all can just remain our little secret  ;)

Thanks Brian! would agree, its the perfect size to smoke whole turkey or smaller items on each rack. Love getting to know my smoker, etc. I will try and get some pics posted of these beef ribs smoking today.

Welcome to the "secret pit master's club," Chris!  lol.  It's amazing what we can make with these smokers, and your friends and family will always be amazed!  Looking forward to some good Cali BBQ recipes!  How about researching some good Santa Maria oak-smoked tri-tips?  I'm originally from Fullerton, so I know you don't have to be from the south to love some great Q!

Hello, nice Fullerton. I was born at St. Jude Feb 1977. I have to say, Steve built a really great product. I am 110% pleased with my purchase and the results in has delivered. Like I said before, I don't just buy things, it takes me quite awhile before I commit to buy anything. Maybe I am frugal, but in this day and age....I want to know that I am getting my monies worth. Too much cheaply made crap out there, and I am not into throwing it away 2 years later like money down the toilet. Like everyone else I am sure, I was going back and forth between this and the good reviews on a Weber Smokey Mountain. After seeing friends that own the WSM, still having to work; monitor temps, tend charcoal - I was sold on the Smokin-it #3. I would rather be doing other things, period. I have some local So Cal BBQ spots, but really - if I can make it better at home, why bother. I will try and get some pics up soon. I have smoked some tri-tip over Red Oak in my smoker and it was grub as usual. Sourced this site many times over the last year for tips, etc. Appreciate all the feedback, support, and the comments about this machine. It just makes me know I made the right choice, and haven't looked back or elsewhere. Cheers, beef ribs just about done! =)

Nice info, Chris!  I remember St Jude well!  I left the area, for Arkansas, a month after you were born there.  Damn, I feel old all of the sudden! :o

Your comments sure make you sound like part of the gang!  I look forward to hearing more from you, so hang out here when you can!

Nice to meet you Tony. I now live down the 5 in Mission Viejo, but I try to make it to Fullerton in the spring / summertime to catch a Titan game every so often. I actually use to spend summers when I was young in Paris, AK. Fishing those streams for big ol' catfish. Those were the days. Looking at perfecting the Q and adding value to this site. Best, CB

Back