Greetings from Panama City Beach Florida

• Thread starter Thread starter H3
  • Start date Start date

H3

Hello Everyone, my name is Howard and I just ordered a #2 yesterday. I have been using a Weber Genesis with a smoker box for about a year. The food came out great......sometimes. I wanted to get a dedicated smoker and I thought a Masterbuilt would be good enough. Lucky for me, the guy before me bought the last one at the Bass Pro Shop in Destin. I did some more research and discovered the SI #2. I have spent hours reading this forum and judging from everyone's success with these smokers, I am very excited to get mine. Thanks for all the great information.

Welcome from Colorado Howard, you are going to love the #2. I predict some excellent smoked meat in your future!

Welcome Howard from DE!  You have found the right place, and lucky for you the guy in front got the last MB!  I love my #2 and smoke pretty much every weekend, now going on two years.  Cheers

Lucky you, Howard!  You dodged the MES bullet, and found the best smoker, and coolest BBQ on the planet!!  What more could a guy hope for? 8)

I'm an old Weber gasser guy, and have tried every way you can imagine to smoke meat in it!  I even went so far as to remove the left grate, and put a big pan of charcoal in there for indirect heat.  OK results, but a real pain in the butt, and just not worth the effort!  No matter how hard you try, sometimes you just can't turn that sow's ear into a silk purse! ;D

Your smoking meat life is about to get SO much easier!  And, you'll find yourself using it so much more frequently than the Weber.  Just too easy not to! 

Welcome to "Club Lazy Q!"

welcome from Iowa Howard. You'll love your new #2 smoker. I sure have in the month I've had mine. It's addicting to use and the food produced is so much better than anything else I've had around here. Make sure to take lots of pics and document your experiences back here on the forums. It keeps us all thinking about and looking for great new ideas and success stories!

Thanks everyone. I'm happy to be here. Since I'm on the Gulf Coast, I have the freshest fish and oysters you've ever seen. I can't wait to make some and I love smoked tuna. I will share my best ideas. There is not a lot of seafood (except for salmon) on the forum...I will see if I can change that :)

Welcome Howard from NJ....I just got my #2 and cart 2 days ago, but due to ice and snow on the patio, the cooking will have to wait for now  >:(

You will be very impressed with quality of the build I am sure.  Like you, I was saved at the last minute and found this fabulous site!!!  Please post the seafood results as I am thinking along the same lines (anything goes!!).

P2B

Welcome from Michigan to you and P2B, I don't believe I said hi to him yet. I also was a near-miss on buying a Masterbuilt. I love my #3. P2B don't let snow and ice stop you. I had the boy shovel a path to my #3 so I could make ribs last Sunday. He had to shovel again so I could get the ribs out of the smoker five hours later.

Brian,

I wish I had Howard's weather right about now...I would love to shovel, but the mass froze so quickly and before I could get to it....need to wait for a warmer day to thaw or loosen the mess so I can make a path!!!  Soon......

P2B

Pork Belly said:
I had the boy shovel a path to my #3 so I could make ribs last Sunday. He had to shovel again so I could get the ribs out of the smoker five hours later.

I have one of those snow shovelers, too, Brian!  I was going to say he's a "Automatic Snow Shovel," but I find he has to be kick-started most of the time - not so "automatic."  lol! ;)

Welcome Howard from another Floridian. Your on the right track with the SI. It is a worthy purchase. Don't let the shipping cost get to you. It only bothered me until my first smoke.

The #2 is on the UPS truck for delivery. So I hope I have a nice big box waiting for me after work. The weather will be great this weekend and I'm planning on seasoning it tomorrow, getting some baby backs at Sam's Club and doing my first smoke on Sunday. I plan on doing mustard and rub then putting then in fridge overnight. Apple juice in pan and 235 for 5 hours. Wish me luck.

It sounds like you have a great plan!

Make sure you take some pictures. I don't know that I am going to get anything smoked this weekend, so I am going to have to drool on my keyboard after looking at other people's success's. :)

Go Howard! Good luck. You won't be disappointed.

BTW: Like most of us, you can put your name and any other info in your forum profile if would you would like. That way we always know your name and your SI model.

Back