Greetings from Michigan!

Sounds adventurous.  Thermodynamics is all about Q (or heat loss).

Possibly a course on the Q for 'cue?

I don't need any more insulation but offer the following:
- tight seal good ( like tyvek on a house to stop wind)
- insulation good
- air gap (i.e. Insulation) better
- double insulation best (seal,insulation, air gap, insulation, seal)

Polish Q said:
Sounds adventurous.  Thermodynamics is all about Q (or heat loss).

Possibly a course on the Q for 'cue?

I don't need any more insulation but offer the following:
- tight seal good ( like tyvek on a house to stop wind)
- insulation good
- air gap (i.e. Insulation) better
- double insulation best (seal,insulation, air gap, insulation, seal)

OK, Steve, you MUST be an engineer!  Love it!

Will do gents, think good thoughts, the temp now is -10F (wind chills in the -30F range) and climbing to a whopping 2F by the time the ribs should be done.......

Appreciate the help!

Pickle said:
Will do gents, think good thoughts, the temp now is -10F (wind chills in the -30F range) and climbing to a whopping 2F by the time the ribs should be done.......

Appreciate the help!

At those temps, I predict the ribs will done about....April. ;D LOL

Haha. I don't think I would even want to go outside to get the ribs when they were done at that temp. Have fun with that!

Yep...my hat's off to you folks in the great white north!  It's been around 0 here the last few mornings, with a little snow.  The old #1 is safe in its cover on the porch, and smoking meat is not on my agenda until it warms up a little!

Well, the arctic blast won, after 6 hours they only got to about 110F internal temp, so we wrapped them up and finished them in the oven yesterday.  They were great, however, disappointed we couldn't get them to work in the #2.

Next smoke will be whenever it gets above 30F........

Pickle said:
Well, the arctic blast won, after 6 hours they only got to about 110F internal temp, so we wrapped them up and finished them in the oven yesterday.  They were great, however, disappointed we couldn't get them to work in the #2.

Next smoke will be whenever it gets above 30F........

Not surprising!  That element can only do so much!  Guess we found our "lower limit!"

Back