Greetings from Kansas City!

kcfb7152

Hello everyone, I wanted to do a quick introduction here ...

I'm the creator of FireBoard - the Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer.  The short story of how I started this adventure: 

I've actually worked in the investment world for 14 years (and also doing a lot of technology work within investments).  After taking up bbq as a hobby, I began searching for a simple to use, feature rich thermometer where I could track my temperatures remotely.  I've used a Traeger for the most part, but I wanted to be able to run to the store, or run to the office and have a good idea of whether everything was still on track with my cook.

So needless to say, I couldn't find what I wanted on the market so I started tinkering.  Eventually after a lot of self-reflection, planning and discussion, FireBoard was formed along with a good friend with the goal being to develop a smart, simple and affordable thermometer.

We are still learning a lot about manufacturing, marketing and the world of retail.  But hopefully we've created a product that makes the simple task of monitoring temperature a bit easier.  Beyond just a consumer product, we are also targeting the commercial space with refrigerated / cold storage (restaurants, grocery, etc).

We are also happy to be plugging in and getting to know so many key players in the bbq / professional cooking circuit.  Thanks for this great forum, and for letting us be a part!  Also thank you @DivotMaker for taking a look and reviewing the FireBoard!

Great to have you with us, Ted!  We're the SI OEM forum, but we love BBQ!  So, feel free to post some of your smokes and recipes; we always like to see good Q, no matter where it came from! 8)

Welcome again Ted.  I am not a gadget guy but your FireBoard looks like a must have necessity.

Welcome from ND Ted and best of luck with your Fireboard! It looks it has some pretty cool features.

Back