Greetings from a New Guy in Golfland USA

coachB

Intro time.  Well-seasoned adult in Myrtle Beach area.  Semi-retired golf clubmaker and smoker. Cigars and food.  Been smoking for a few years with moderate success.  Been through 2 Brinkman electrics and decided it was time to upgrade.  Started looking at the usual sale smokers, MBE, cajun, Bradley, etc.  Kept talking myself into bigger and costlier units.  Researched a lot of reviews.  Lurked at smokin_meat, smokin-tex, and here.  Read a lot of owner comments and it came down to a no-brainer.  Smokin-it #3, stand, stand cover, and an auber unit.
Smokin-it was the only line out there that had NO owner complaints.  Nothing but the highest praises, a 2 yr warranty, and cooperative customer service (Steve).
Initiated an order on Christmas Day and the #3 was OOS.  I'm dyin' here!  Call to Steve and units will be in soon. Oh happy day!  Will be ordering a setup as soon as they come in and in the meanwhile I will continue to read the forum as I have been picking up some great info on every visit.  I know I will have a lot of questions for the forum, especially concerning the auber.  And hopefully I will be able to contribute something to the forum too.

Welcome from ND Coach! A little different temps up here verses SC. ;)

Another bonus is to let you know that it is actually a 3-year warranty. Here is the information from the Smokin-It site:

Q: What is the return and warranty policy?

A: 30-Day Money Back Guarantee: We accept returns for replacement or a full refund 30 calendar days after delivery of the product. At our sole discretion after 30 calendar days, we will offer a replacement or a full refund. Items must be in "new, unaltered and unused condition" and from the original owner. Definition of new, unaltered and unused condition is: without showing signs of wear or damage in any way. If an item is received damaged or is incorrectly shipped by us please contact customer service immediately and forward photos of any product damage. Refunds are contingent upon inspection of item(s) once received back at our warehouse. Customer is responsible for all shipping costs, both purchases and returns.

Original Owner Limited Warranty Parts and Labor Only: This product is warranted against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for three year from the date of delivery to original owner. Please register your smoker upon receipt. Within this period Smokin-it, LLC will send replacement parts (heating element or heat control knob) for your product without charge. Simply contact us at smokin.it.info@gmail.com, or the phone number listed below.

Contact Us: P.O. Box 255, 9851 West Territorial Road, Montgomery, MI 49255.

Call, email or text any time to: 260-417-9951.

3 Years!  Well all right then!  Another reason the smoke-it  beats the smokin tex--3 years to 2.

It is definitely not ND cold, but this week was colder than normal.  Frost warnings at night and low 50's daytime.  Getting back up to high 50's/low 60's now that the rain has moved through.  Lot of golfers bringing their clubs in to be worked on since it was too cold and wet to play.  If I worked on commission or got paid piece work it would pay out much better.

Somewhere in my garage I have two pairs of Sorels and a snow shovel.  Where, I have no idea.  Been here 8 1/2 years and haven't needed them.  I don't miss the real cold at all.  I can do shorts and T's eleven months +, golf, and smoke cigars and meat outside without being miserable.

Stay warm my friend.

Bill welcome aboard

I have the same setup w/o the stand.  You will enjoy it. Set the time ans temp and relax.

Sound like a smokin it reunion in myrtle beach, golf, cigars, and smoked meat.
Just kidding...

Welcome to the perfect 19th hole, Bill!  I can already tell you're my kind of guy! 8)  Let us know how we can help!

Back