Got me a baby smoker!

oldrndrt

Just got the #1 yesterday.  Broke it in today.  Smoking ribs tomorrow.  Can't wait to taste the finished product.
I'm very impressed with the quality.  Also impressed with this forum and the gobs of information.
I'm a newbie with smoking.  I look forward to many "Q's" with my baby. 

Welcome, and big Congrats, John!! Glad to have you with us!  I have a lot of experience with the Little Guy, and he'll serve you well!  You can easily fit 3 racks of ribs in him, if you cut them in half (2 halves per shelf).  Remember to put the thick ends on the lower shelf, and thinnest on top, and don't forget a water pan on the floor, up against the smoke box.  Lazy Q at its finest!

Welcome from Delaware, John!  You have found the right place ... lots of good advice and recipes to try out on the forum.  Cheers

baby_smoking_01.jpg

Congrats on the Baby Smoker! By the looks of him, I agree with DM, I am sure he can hold 3 racks of ribs!

Jason, too funny!  I'm sure that baby can handle three racks!

Thanks everyone for your welcomes.  Again, loads of information on this forum.  I'm
    spending way too much time reading stuff.  You guys that dismantle you smokers and
    add mods are scary/brave (and way beyond my abilities).

oldrndrt said:
You guys that dismantle you smokers and add mods are scary/brave (and way beyond my abilities).

We will boldly go where no SI smoker has gone before!  Smoke long and prosper!

Attachments

• star-trek-spock.jpg
    star-trek-spock.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 219
Back