good lookin brisket

Greenenvey

here she is, its a whopin 16 pounds and just went into the brine to soak. tomorrow afternoon it will go in the smoker for lunch on Saturday!!

Attachments

• IMG_20161027_130443364 (2).jpg
    IMG_20161027_130443364 (2).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 327
Greenenvey said:
Only 4.5 hours in and already at 157? I hope this don't do what my last one did and get done way to early!

That doesn't sound odd to me at all. Don't panic. It's probably going to sit in the stall zone for many hours, and the last 10 degrees will take forever. You should be able to double wrap in foil and a towel, and rest for up to 5-6 hours in a cooler, and after that, keep warm at 140 if you have to, but I bet you won't have to. I go a minimum of 195 in the flat, and 200-205 in the point. Some people even go higher. When people go lower, I often hear that the meat was "dry", but I think it was just not "tender". What are you planning?

SconnieQ said:
Greenenvey said:
Only 4.5 hours in and already at 157? I hope this don't do what my last one did and get done way to early!

That doesn't sound odd to me at all. Don't panic. It's probably going to sit in the stall zone for many hours, and the last 10 degrees will take forever. You should be able to double wrap in foil and a towel, and rest for up to 5-6 hours in a cooler, and after that, keep warm at 140 if you have to, but I bet you won't have to. I go a minimum of 195 in the flat, and 200-205 in the point. Some people even go higher. When people go lower, I often hear that the meat was "dry", but I think it was just not "tender". What are you planning?
kari you are always my calm in a storm on here lol... I'm going to do just what you said , sit back and not panic !!!! ill keep you updated!! thank you for the reassurance!

Back