Good Afternoon Everybody from Texas

Perkolater

Just sending a hello to introduce this newbie from Texas.

After sampling a fine pork loin cooked by a friend who told me how easy it was, I knew this lazy man had to try it himself.  I borrowed his SI#-1 and cooked a 'good' not 'great' pork butt, which I'm sure was my lack of experience but i was convinced I needed one of these smokers.  It was just a question of which one is right for me and after a little more research I decided to go with the #2.  It arrived Wednesday, unboxed and assembled yesterday and it looks like the rain is going to clear out for my inaugural smoke tomorrow.  Can't wait!

Welcome to the party Dave! Good to see someone from my hometown here on the forum. You won't regret your decision to purchase  an SI smoker. It really doesn't get any easier. 

Hi Dave, and congrats, neighbor!  We won't get into the whole Razorback/Longhorn rivalry thing, until we know each other better... ;) ;D ;D

We'll sure get into THE Q, though!  Great to have you with us, and I look forward to getting to know you better (so I can harass you about the Longhorns and Cowgirls).  Lol!  But, what I really look forward to is you showing us some great Lazy Q!  Remember, we love pics, around here!

Hi Dave, and congrats, neighbor!  We won't get into the whole Razorback/Longhorn rivalry thing, until we know each other better... ;) ;D ;D

Tony,
Just taking a break from making a brine for some (former) razorback.  Im not a forum afficianoado(yet) so give me time and I'll try some pictures and I look forward to knowing everyone better.
Already feel at home!

Thanks Jimmy😀
My dad and brother both live in the Little Rock area and Ive enjoyed some good Arkansas Q and I appreciate all the info on the subject.

Dave, if you're brining a former Razorback, you should probably just throw it out now....you know it will be TOO TOUGH to BEAT EAT!!! LoL!! ;D ;D

WPS!

Attachments

• 5312_arkansas_razorbacks-primary-1967.png.jpg
    5312_arkansas_razorbacks-primary-1967.png.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 272
Back