foodsaver 4800

drains

Does anyone here own the foodsaver model 4800 that sams sells? If so would you please give a review? Sams has them on sale for 120.00. They are 150.00 regular price. Been looking for awhile at this and an ary vacmaster 140 for about 100.00. Thanks

I owned a foodsaver for years and had problems with it keeping a seal. I replaced it with the vacmaster 140 pro and with its double seal I no longer have these issues.

Greg

Thanks Greg. Do you make your own bags or do you buy them premade? I wonder if foodsaver bags are compatible with the vacmaster. Foodsaver has some zip lock bags that can be sealed and used over and over. I like that but I still think the vacmaster is the heavier duty machine.

drains said:
Thanks Greg. Do you make your own bags or do you buy them premade? I wonder if foodsaver bags are compatible with the vacmaster. Foodsaver has some zip lock bags that can be sealed and used over and over. I like that but I still think the vacmaster is the heavier duty machine.

I buy the Weston 30-0102-W 11-by-16-Inch Vacuum-Sealer Food Bags, 100 Count for $36.00 on amazon. Yes you can use the foodsaver bags, not sure about the zip lock ones. Unless I am putting soup in the bags, I always reuse.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BAE0A4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Greg

Hey Dale, I read several reviews on the foodmasters, most said they crapped out after a short period of time. I went with the pro 140, it is on close out also purchased 200 bags. Checkout the vacmaster site b/4 purchasing a food master.

Dale, I'd say try the VacMaster.  FoodSaver no longer makes the Pro line models anymore.  My Pro III is still fantastic, after 10+ years, but the ones they sell at Sam's and Wally World are junk.

Back