first time making summer sausage

Greenenvey

and it was freaking delicious!!!my whole family loved it.

Attachments

• IMG_20161022_154336454.jpg
    IMG_20161022_154336454.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 314
thanks this one called for cure, pepper, onion powder and worchestershire sauce. its weird those few ingredients and hickory wood made the best sausage ive ever had in my life, I did not expect it to be this good.

Very nice, Laura!!  It looks like venison summer sausage, because of the color.  I absolutely love summer sausage, either way!  So glad the first attempt was a resounding success!

Greenenvey said:
Tony thank you it was awsome, it's actually beef. But for some reason the pic is just dark.

Laura, sorry if I was unclear.  I know it was beef, but was just saying it looked just like some venison summer sausage a buddy of mine made last year - darker red than beef.  Just a random observation of mine...didn't mean to imply it wasn't beef.  You'll have to forgive my random thoughts that pop out sometimes. :-[

DivotMaker said:
Greenenvey said:
Tony thank you it was awsome, it's actually beef. But for some reason the pic is just dark.

Laura, sorry if I was unclear.  I know it was beef, but was just saying it looked just like some venison summer sausage a buddy of mine made last year - darker red than beef.  Just a random observation of mine...didn't mean to imply it wasn't beef.  You'll have to forgive my random thoughts that pop out sometimes. :-[
hahha no problem, actually the first time I saw the pic I said the same thing...

Back