First Fatty

So last weekend I made my first fatty.  After watching a couple of videos on you tube about how to make them, I poured myself a glass of liquid courage, and set out to conquer the beast.  It was surprisingly easy.  Stuffed with peppers, green onion, and Jack cheese, and into the smoker at 250 with 2.5oz. hickory. Turned out quite tasty.

Attachments

• 1st Fatty - Bacon Weave.jpg
    1st Fatty - Bacon Weave.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 372
  • 1st fatty - rolled.jpg
    1st fatty - rolled.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 355
  • 1st Fatty - whole - smoked.jpg
    1st Fatty - whole - smoked.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 1st fatty - Sliced.jpg
    1st fatty - Sliced.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 380
Mighty fine eats you got there! You did real good for your first try. I'll have to try that myself soon. Well done Eric!

That looks great, Eric!  Still, one meal I've yet to accomplish!  The list is so big, and there's so little time! :-\

Nicely done Eric :)

...never heard of a "Fatty" before joining this forum but it is moving up towards the top of my list!

What is your layer between the bacon and the center veggies?

Dave, that layer is sausage.  Take 2 lbs of bulk sausage, put it into a 1 gallon zip lock bag which you have just barely clipped off the corners (to allow air to escape). Seal the bag and roll the sausage out evenly with a rolling pin, filling the bag completely.  Then unseal the bag and cut down the sides. It is then easy to flip the sausage onto the bacon weave.

Back