Fedex delivered SI2 but I'm still at work

Master-Hack

Pure torture!  Wife says there is a big box on the porch for me and it's too heavy to move.  I won't be home for another 3 hours.  I'll have just enough time to open it up & get it seasoned tonight.  Then the next torture session.  Waiting until I can get some baby backs going.

Welcome from Texas! We're glad your here. I feel your pain on waiting to unbox the new toy. Do be careful though there's no sense in ruining the good times with a sore back or an accidental cut or something else. It's like Christmas in May! Let us know if we can help in any way.

Welcome, and Congrats, Lee!  Bet you're home by now, and probably unboxing that bad boy, so I understand if you don't see this post for a bit! ;D

Lee, Welcome from Southwest Arkansas! I hope you enjoy your SI#2 as much as I have enjoyed mine. Good eats are in your future!

Thanks for the welcome.  Been smoking meats for years but finally stepping up to the set it & forget it.  It all started with the Weber.  Living in Alaska for 3 years I bought a used Masterbuilt 30 for salmon.  Nearly wore it out.  It finally quit in the middle of a Boston Butt 2 weeks ago so I started my research for a replacement.  Based on everything I read on this forum, I was convinced the model 2 was the one.  After unpacking it, I could see I made the right decision.  Built like a tank. 

Based on all of the great info I've read on this site, the seasoning went well.  At the end I noted where the hot spots were in the wood box.  Picking up some ribs tonight.  I'll give them a good rub & set up the wood in the box.  Wife has tomorrow off so I'll leave specific instructions on when to put them in & how to turn it on.  Should be fine dining tomorrow night.  With some time, I'll step up to the PID controller & a few other improvements.  Thanks again for all the good info on this site. 

Back