Enjoying my new SI2

jdiver

Well I've been posting in other topics, asked questions, got answers, and having a great time with my new Smokin-It #2. Had one great meal so far, got some chicken pieces ready to go in soon for a second meal. And lots of ideas where to go from here.

I live in Roswell GA. I'm originally from Monterey CA, lived many places including HI. So my taste in Q is not regional at all. In CA and HI, we love to grill. I just bloody love food, indoors, outdoors, smoked, not smoked... I do love the idea of making my own BBQ Ribs the way I like em the best. And pulled pork, LOVE the stuff. I think I can do a mean Kalua Pig (using pork butt) in my #2.

I also have a Big Green Egg. I've used it for some smoking. But really wanted the hands off afforded by the SI2. BGE will be used, it's a hell of a grill.

Thanks to everyone here who has already been of help, and those who will in the future. Hope I'll be able to share the love with others as well.

Welcome JD from Delaware!    I love my #2 and look forward to weekends when I can smoke smoke smoke!  Cheers

Thanks all for the smoky welcome... Just finished up the leftovers from the first two meals from our #2. Got a Brisket that I'll do Saturday, maybe tomorrow...

From my posts on FB a friend is now talking about getting a smoker. I'm advising Smokin-It. And I think he'll listen. He knows I don't just jump into something but learn as much as I can before I plunk down $$$. I'm VERY happy with my SI2, very!

Back