1 stalk chopped celery
1 Tbs chopped cilantro
3 Tbs bbq sauce + 3 Tbs bbq sauce
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Tbs taco seasoning
4 oz. shredded cheese
salt & pepper to taste
2 strips of bacon

Mix all the ingredients and top with strips of bacon and reserved bbq sauce.  Allow to set in the frig for approx. an hour before putting in the smoker to allow the mixture to set.  Smoke at 250 degrees until an internal temperature of 145 to 150. 

I doubled the recipe shown in this photo.

Looks good.  For those that have never tried meat loaf in the smoker. 

It almost ranks up there with having to brine a chicken.  A MUST DO and never done again the 1950's way.

I usually make mine in large muffin pan servings, these look massive.  Turned out ok inside, front to back?

I typically just roll out logs a bit bigger than a cheap hamburger bun (to allow for cooking shrinkage).  That means that after that first hot out of the smoker meal, I can just toss some thick slices in a skillet with a touch of BBQ sauce and have meatloaf burgers.

Meat loaf looks great, Dave!  Two questions:  what is the piece of meat (I think) next to the French fries, and what did you mix in with the asparagus?

swthorpe said:
Meat loaf looks great, Dave!  Two questions:  what is the piece of meat (I think) next to the French fries, and what did you mix in with the asparagus?

Hey Steve, too me it looks like French bread on one side and green beans with bacon on the other side of the French Fries. I could be wrong. And that plate looks really good.

The fries were Greg's beer brined fries.  The veggie was fresh green beans sautéed in bacon.  I also smoked some stuffed pork chops yesterday for later in the week but had to have 1/2 of one last night. 

swthorpe said:
Thanks, the beans look nice and something that I am going to try out!
Brown some chopped bacon and remove the bacon bits.  Add the green beans and some chopped onion, stir fry in the bacon grease.  Cover with a lid but stir frequently.  When beans are tender, add back the bacon bits. 

I saw a Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives show with smoked green beans. Looked pretty simple with just green beans, bacon (of course), and onion. Anyone ever tried this? I plan on giving it a shot soon.

Back