Cutting jig or electric slicer?

will615

I need your advice please. I am making venison jerky from steaks this weekend. The steaks are about 3/4" thick. I've sliced some (by hand) vertically and some horizontally trying to get a uniform thickness for the smoker. I need a better system. I'm trying to decide what is the best bang for the buck. Is it a cutting board with a jig or just a small meat slicer? Your thoughts please. Thanks!

I would suggest a slicer..... I bought a used one from a deli years ago and never regretted. Versatility was the deciding factor for me. 

https://nashville.craigslist.org/app/d/electric-food-slicer-rival/6458652128.html

just what u need

2nd the commercial slicer. If you buy used, make sure the traveling bed is parallel to the blade.  Buy a name brand so you can get replacement blades and other parts. I do a lot of bacon and a my 10 inch slicer can process most of them with minimal trimming. I found mine on Craigslist after searching for 3 months in my area.

Attachments

• 0120180944e.jpg
    0120180944e.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 410
Lonzinomaker said:
2nd the commercial slicer. If you buy used, make sure the traveling bed is parallel to the blade.  Buy a name brand so you can get replacement blades and other parts. I do a lot of bacon and a my 10 inch slicer can process most of them with minimal trimming. I found mine on Craigslist after searching for 3 months in my area.

impressive set up.... very nice!

Back